The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FIL is the hard lines manager at the Wheeling store and just got home from the National Sales Meeting in Denver where he had the opportunity to meet Jim Cabela....
He said he is such a quality guy it's unbelievable. Smiled the entire time, and appreciated every individual there.
Not to mention the donations he explained to me made out to the NRA, NWTF, Trout Unlimited, etc. Good to know the company stems from such good people, and that they continue to hit home with their upcoming advertising.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
i had a chance to take a job out in Sydney (in their finance/tax dept)...I phone interviewed with them twice and then the wife and i got cold feet about leaving PA when they were arranging to fly me out there for a quick face to face to shake hands and even made and appt for me to go with a RE agent to look at houses in the area, gave me the weekend to think about it...they were the nicest people I ever talked too in the biz environment, but the wife and i could not be that far from PA, we dreamed of our kids growing up here afterall.,,camp, family, tradition and heritage was here...they were very understanding and "got it" without me having to explain, right then and there I knew i would of been amongst good folks the rest of my career had i done it, every once in a while i wonder.....but no regrets, they just have to settle on having one heck of a customer out here in PA.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
G.C. Archer is your buddies first name DJ. If it is I worked with him for many years. As far as Cabelas goes they are a class act. I never had any problems with returns and have read both books about their beginning and it is hard to believe they started out selling fishing flies!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I know him very well. I worked with him many years ago. I work with his wife now. DJ is a great guy. I'm gonna have to hunt with you guys so time. Come down there to Greene County and kill one of those monster bucks. DJ showed me a picture one time of a buck that scored 130. Tell him he worked with me and my wife . He will then remember who I am!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I need to ride down to Cabelas to see him. I use to see him at Lowes when I went there.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I worked at the Hamburg Cabela's last spring/summer. I like my present job. I loved working at Cabelas.

I will be retiring in June and will be going back part time. I have never worked with a nicer/better group of people anywhere. It is the only job that I ever had that I loved.

Starting this summer, look for me in the fishing department!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts