The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a used slug gun that came with a cabelas slug scope with their version of the ballistic reticle. Anyone know what ranges the different lines/dots represent? Also does it have to be on a certain power for it to work?

·
Registered
555 Posts
As with any ballistic reticle, you'll have to shoot it to confirm. If you know the trajectory of the shotgun/slug combo, you can count the minutes of angle between ballistic hashes by hanging a target with 1" grid (or a ruler/yardstick) at 100 yds and match the hashes to your trajectory.

I'm sure Cabela's provides a chart with a yardage match for their slug scope reticle, but that should only be used as a general guidline. You should match it yourself.

The scope will have to be on a certain power for the reticle to work. A ballistic reticle scope is typically designed to be used at the highest magnification, but you can adjust it to match your trajectory by using a different mag. The exception would be a first focal plane scope, but I doubt this is one.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats what I figured. Its just a slug gun any ways.... I'll probably just sight the main crosshairs in at 100 and forget about the ballistic marks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Only multi reticle i have found good is nikons. If you are to use the multi reticle, shoot it at the range to make sure its on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts