The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone comment on the Cabela’s brand rubber boot, I was looking at the 1200 gram or 2000 gram model (“Comfort-Trax” & “Dura-Trax”) they have advertised. I am in the market for a new pair for use later in the archery season/rifle season, and possibly later. I’m set with a pair for early archery when the weather is warmer. I hunt out of a climbing treestand most of the time. If anyone has this type of boot and has used them in the colder weather, I would appreciate any feedback. Of course if you feel there are better brands out there, let me know as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I just purchased a pair of Muck Boots and I will say they are the warmest boots I have ever tried to this point. I'm hoping it's cold at camp next week so I get a chance to see how they perform but so far they have been great. Woody Elite $150.00

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
I have a pair of their rubber boots, 400gram, lasted 4 years, comfortable and warm for 400gram, and a great price to boot, they just started leaking this year, and Im super tough on boots. Id buy them again in a heart beat.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
i have the lacross 1000 and they are great, i wear them september to febuary every season we have. and dont even touch all my other boots.

the only draw back is they hold in moisture. so if your walking far and get your dogs sweaty you'll notice it. and it takes a while for them to dry out.

but for tree stand hunting they cant be beat.

·
Registered
332 Posts
PaArcher said:
Can anyone comment on the Cabela’s brand rubber boot, I was looking at the 1200 gram or 2000 gram model (“Comfort-Trax” & “Dura-Trax”) they have advertised. I am in the market for a new pair for use later in the archery season/rifle season, and possibly later. I’m set with a pair for early archery when the weather is warmer. I hunt out of a climbing treestand most of the time. If anyone has this type of boot and has used them in the colder weather, I would appreciate any feedback. Of course if you feel there are better brands out there, let me know as well. Thanks.
I love mine... best boots I have ever owned. got them 4 years ago and this spring was the first time I had to seal them. I wear 800 gram they are wonderful for walking no sweaty feet. most comfortable boots ever

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I have the Dura-Trax, but they are not the insulated version. I like them and will buy another pair if needed! I am on my fifth season with them.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have the 1200 grams Cabela brand & my feet never got cold while on stand. However, they are not the best boot for stalking.

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
I have a pair in the 1200 grams. I like them, they keep my feet warm. They are easy on and off. I have had mine for 4 seasons and this year noticed a couple of cracks in them, I'll just seal them up. I would buy another pair in a heartbeat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts