The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone been to cabelas lately and seen the reloading shelves ? i need to make a run but afaid id waste my time. i know everything online is on back order, and id rather go to the store to save on shipping and a day there with my boys.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Give me a day. I have to stop off tomorrow midday and can pm after that. Probably help you let me know what you are looking for

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Gander Mountains store in York's reloading section looks like the grocery store the day before a big snowstorm...

I ask a clerk, when they are going to be getting more supplies in....She said, she thinks, they are not going to carry reloading components anymore..

I haven't verified that thru the Corp. office...???</span>

·
Registered
324 Posts
I can second the response about "Gander MT" They used to have 4-5 isles of reloading stuff - now all the have is a couple of end caps _racks or shelves 4 ft wide on the end of the isles and it still is overpriced - asked the sales person and they confirmed that they probably would not be carrying reloading stuff in the near future!! This is at the Erie store...

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Just got Grice's sale add, all ammo and reloading supplies marked as some available at printing or some items not available at time of printing. Sale is Jan 25, 26 and 27.
Hope I can scrape up some extra cash and get some needed items. Just recieved 4 boxes of ammo from Cabelas online order put in end of last week.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Suppliers in the area are releasing ammo to dealers on an allocation basis. I found this out today while talking to my local shop owner. Demand is so high right now that they are limiting amounts that dealers can buy.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
rflktrman said:
Just got Grice's sale add, all ammo and reloading supplies marked as some available at printing or some items not available at time of printing. Sale is Jan 25, 26 and 27.
Hope I can scrape up some extra cash and get some needed items. Just recieved 4 boxes of ammo from Cabelas online order put in end of last week.
I was in Grices today, and they said they should be able to get everything that they want, it will just take time to get it.....they seemed hopeful that they would have mostly everything for their sale...

They have an advantage being a large wholesaler.......they can get a lot of the products in, when other places won't be able to.....

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ConfusiousSays said:
Give me a day. I have to stop off tomorrow midday and can pm after that. Probably help you let me know what you are looking for
sierra .308 bullets and take a peek at the powders to see if the shelves are stocked , thanks

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Will do. Need some stuff for the new 243 anyway

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
I stopped at Cabelas in Dundee Michigan 2 weeks ago and reloading stuff, ammo, gun accessories and.guns were flying off the shelf...i crawled on my hands.and.knees to.find the last 400 large rifle.primers they owned...

They had set up a special register JUST for gun sales and it had over a dozen people in it....it was a zoo...they had less than 10lbs of real odd ball powders left...and their reloading section was bigger than the.Wheeling WV store...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I was at Cabelas last evening. The bullets seemed real picked through and empty in the smaller calibers. Powder shelves were full and I did see sleaves of primmers on the shelve. I did notice that they have a sign limiting the amount of components that can be purchased. I think it was something like 10 packs of bullets, 2000 primmers, 2 pounds of powder. Dont quote me on the quanities, I was just browsing.

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
All but wiped out. I got the last rifle primers powders low. More empty slots than full

·
Super Moderator
7,775 Posts
Was at Cabela's last night and lots of powders were there. If they're gone today, they got hit pretty hard. Primers and bullets were all in good supply yesterday evening as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Every time I went down they never had what I was looking for anyways. Stick with midway!!!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
hundreds of going out the door today and that was around 1. Probably 20+ people waiting around the firearms checkout for their paperwork to be finished when I got the call mine was done. mostly pistols. just window shopping the cases more than a few were obviously new to firearms. more than one made the comment they wanted one before they can't buy them. glad I was only there to pickup a rifle shipped to me and not trying to pull a number

1 - 20 of 22 Posts