The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues at the cabelas. Firearm counter at hamburg store, i.e. customer svc,buying firearms,orderinf firearms.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Nope, top notch, even had one guy offer to watch kids while I shopped! Sure there could be a bad egg somewhere though.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I did a transfer there last week. When checking in the pistol, the gun "runner" showed up at the front counter with a number in his hand saving us from walking to the gun counter and then getting a number. Not a big deal but it reduced the number of customers that could have been ahead of us.It took about an hour total for all of the paperwork to get done and cleared. On a high volume Saturday, I didn't think that was bad. The staff that we dealt with were all very courteous .

·
Registered
553 Posts
They're nice guys but they're idiots, all except Bill. They have very minimal technical knowledge. I once asked for a Stoeger P350 shotgun and the guy had no idea what it was. There's a difference between "liking" guns and "knowing" guns. They only "like" guns.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Haven't been there yet

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
never an issue amanda seems to work all over and ive had her do a few gun sales and returns other times at customer service . she is very nice and helpful and knows her jobs well. never had an issue with cabelas and always go there

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Only one experience there before. They didn't know what they had and I walked with a GREAT deal. No problems.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
In my limited contact with them, I found they had a fair general knowledge of firearms. But no one with any specialized knowledge in antique arms, BPCR or muzzleloaders. I need only go up the road to Dixon's for that.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
In todays day and age, I don't go anywhere to purchase anything without doing a fair amount of research. If I do ask them questions, its usually just to see if they know anything.

I've been told so many things that weren't true by salesmen, I don't trust them to know what they are talking about. And they misrepresent rather than admitting they don't know, and I'd rather they did that then blow smoke.

You should always know the answers to any questions you might have when making a major purchase. Relying on the check out clerk or salesmen will eventually lead you down the wrong trail.

·
Registered
522 Posts
As far as customer service goes I would give an A rating. Like some of the other posters their level of knowledge isn't in depth but that's to be expected from a large national retailer. I go in knowing exactly what I want and what I expect to pay and I also avoid going on weekends just so my wait time is less than 20minutes. I'm lucky with my days off so that part is a little easier

1 - 12 of 12 Posts