The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anybody has a hawken carbine from cabelas , if so do like it. am trying to replace my white mountain carbine , which was stolen. it is the closest thing to it that i have seen. but with set trigger, not sure bout that but the rest of it seems great, thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
went to a shop here in calgary yesterday,looked at the deerstalker and am going to buy one this week,thanks

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I agree, not a big fan of the set triggers. I guess that I am not used to them, my deer stalker didn't have them and neither does my custom gun. . . well that trigger is just a dream to pull, but that another converstaion

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Double phase double set triggers will work either set or unset. So you can use them as a single trigger or as a set trigger. As I recall the Cabela's Hawkens and Lyman products are both made by Investarms in Italy. To an extent it is sort of like the difference between a Buick and a Pontiac, same basic item with different options and chrome. I do have a Investarms hawken barrel with a chromium steel lined barrel. Almost like stainless steel. In fact the gun was cobbled together with Lyman, Investarms and TC parts.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Double phase double set triggers will work either set or unset. So you can use them as a single trigger or as a set trigger. As I recall the Cabela's Hawkens and Lyman products are both made by Investarms in Italy. To an extent it is sort of like the difference between a Buick and a Pontiac, same basic item with different options and chrome. I do have a Investarms hawken barrel with a chromium steel lined barrel. Almost like stainless steel. In fact the gun was cobbled together with Lyman, Investarms and TC parts.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Love a set trigger. My T/C Hawkin set to go off if ya barely touch fire trigger once the set trigger engaged! Gotta be on target and ready! Does take a few rounds to get use to...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did buy the deerstalker flinter but just moved to B.C and am working constantly so though i've had it for a month i haven't even fired it yet. I know, can't believe it either. driving me crazy! I have a F-Storm and already like the Deerstalker better but man i miss my White Mountain Carbine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts