The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever order off AuctionArms.com? I'm tempted to buy it now on there, but want to see if anyone here has any experiences. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I have never used auction arms, but I have used both gunsamerica, and gunbroker with great results.......as long as you buy from reputable people/businesses you should have no problem...

IMO you would be better off finding a local shop that will handle the FFL, it will probably much easier, and cheaper........my guy charges like $25

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Buckshot, next question..

Anyone know any FFL in the Pittsburgh area?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I bought off Auction Arms a few times, I thought I got a couple of good deals on items thet I was looking for. Never had any issues. I do always get a little nervous when I put the money order in the mail, but each time everything worked just fine.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i threw a couple of bids on AA.com and everytime I bid I get outbid instantly. wonder if people have programs on their computer to bid automatically to a certain price to drive it up. doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
i threw a couple of bids on AA.com and everytime I bid I get outbid instantly. wonder if people have programs on their computer to bid automatically to a certain price to drive it up. doesn't seem right.
They probably have a feature like esnipe on ebay, or the bidding feature on gunbroker..................you enter the max amount you want to bid, and it will keep making bids until you are high bidder, or it reaches you maximum....

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
I have bought some barrel for the Thompson Contender off of Gunbroker, but never a gun that I had to go thru an FFL. I have bid on a few, but it seemed like most of the time by the time I added on the shipping and the transfer money, I could buy one locally for the same money. I have always had good success both buying and selling Contender barrels on Gunbroker though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts