The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive never bought a new gun online but i am searching for some new toys. where is the best place to go and how difficult is it to buy online?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
personally I don't know but if you know what you are looking for I bet it will pop up in the for sale forum on here sooner or later. Some good deals fairly often in there.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have had real good luck with Gallery of Guns (Gun Gennie)it is part a Davidson's one of the largest wholesalers in the US. The search function is great, it shows the quantity available, you enter your zip code and they list the final price at dealers in your area. You make a down payment, a email is sent when it is shipped to the dealer of your choice and you pay the balance and get your gun.They give a lifetime replacement warranty also. Dealers in my area like it as they don't tie up any money in inventory and get a sale and hopefully you will buy other stuff from them.
The downside is you have to be sure of what you order as there are no returns, I use Dicks & Gander Mtn. to look then go here to buy.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
gunbroker.com i have bought somewhere around 15 of them from there , just need to know what you are lookming at, but all i have bought came from out of state and had to go to a ffl,good luck , and i can say for certain all 15 i got was what i seen pics of , all of them looked great.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Gunbroker.com is where I get all of my guns. I've sold a few on there too. I've had great experiences with them. Just make sure you buy from guys with positive feedback and you will be great. Good luck!

Mac

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
for used guns gunbroker and auctionarms are both good. just check it out close first and ask questions. and make sure to check the guys feedback. for new guns buds guns is good and they have pre-approved ffl's so you don't have to deal with the paperwork delay.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Budsguns is about the cheapest online. Check their price if they have it in stock and then see if a dealer near you will match it. That`s what I do. Some will match-others won`t.

·
Banned
238 Posts
definetly budsgunshop. Already have the ffl lists for you in your area its a breeze.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
How does the ffl part work with Bud's? Do you pay for the transfer and background check at the shop receiving it? I would think the guy with the the gun shop would be annoyed to do the transfer when you bought the gun from someone else.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
All of them charge you for it and try to sell you ammo, scope, sling, etc etc. It usually turns out to be a win win situation for everyone.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The shops around here do it. They make a couple bucks don't have any of their money tied up and have nothing to do with it if you get a problem gun. Thats between you and the seller

·
Registered
550 Posts
From experience,i have bought a lot of firearms online and all were 100% great transactions.Besides gunbroker,take a look at guns international and auction arms

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Springer Rage said:
How does the ffl part work with Bud's? Do you pay for the transfer and background check at the shop receiving it? I would think the guy with the the gun shop would be annoyed to do the transfer when you bought the gun from someone else.
buds has a pre-approved list of local FFL's. you just pick one and have it shipped to them. you call them and let them know when it is coming when buds sends you the ship date and tracking info. you then pay the FFL transfer fee to that FFL when you pick up the gun. i have had one gunshop that the guy made me feel like he was doing me a favor to receive the gun and pretty much said that he wouldn't even want that gun (a remington model 14R carbine for $400) in his shop. but i figure $25 for him to make a 5 minute phone call is a pretty good deal for him. that gunshop never saw me again. the guy i use now is $15 and is glad to do it. i have also bought some guns from him locally though.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
pumpgun said:
Springer Rage said:
buds has a pre-approved list of local FFL's. you just pick one and have it shipped to them. you call them and let them know when it is coming when buds sends you the ship date and tracking info. you then pay the FFL transfer fee to that FFL when you pick up the gun. i have had one gunshop that the guy made me feel like he was doing me a favor to receive the gun and pretty much said that he wouldn't even want that gun (a remington model 14R carbine for $400) in his shop. but i figure $25 for him to make a 5 minute phone call is a pretty good deal for him. that gunshop never saw me again. the guy i use now is $15 and is glad to do it. i have also bought some guns from him locally though.
Well said. I use Pittsburgh FFL in Homestead- $20. Here is their link.

http://www.pittsburghffl.com/index.asp

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I use a guy I know from PFOA, not everyone that has a FFL is a gun shop. Bud's guns is simple and cheap.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts