The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just recently purchased a Ten Point Turbo XLT2. It came with three Ten Point bolts. Not a fan of the bolts that came with the bow. My question for you guys, what bolts would you go with? It will be for whitetail hunting and the occasional target shooting in the yard. What is the best bolt out there? I was looking at the Easton FMJ's but wanted to get some input from you guys before I pulled the trigger. I would like to have them wrapped. Know any where I could order them already wrapped and fletched? Thanks for your time..

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You should get him at least 6 bolts, that way you don't have to mess around changing from target points to broad heads.

·
Registered
18,566 Posts
You will get many different opinions on the best arrows. I shot Easton FMJs for several years and loved them. They are on the heavy side though, so trajectory suffers some. Recently I have been shooting Black Eagle Executioners almost exclusively. Victory makes some nice crossbow arrows as well.

If you want a little custom flair to your arrows, giving Mike at Arrowhead Outdoors will be worth your time. He is a forum sponsor here(I think he still is), and works out of his shop outside of Somerset. He can make some custom wrapped and fletched arrows for you at a competitive price.

You may want to check out TenPoints new premium arrow line called Evo-X as well. They are not cheap, but are amazingly consistent in both weight and spine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the same exact crossbow from tenpoint. I shoot the pro elite. I tried some of the lighter, faster ones but lost accuracy at longer yards. The pro elites are great and a 50 shot off sticks is no problem

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
my dad has a Tenpoint Titan and uses Easton xx75 bolts ,he has 8 bolts , 2 has practice tips 3has Realtree broadheads with 3 blades. he is pleased with them

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Lots of options... lots of price variations.. I've been using Gold Tip Laser ll 20 inch bolt for the past 6 years.. I haven't had any issues out of my xbow (parker tornado) with factory brass inserts and 100 gr slick trick and parker capture lighted nock they weight out at 405 gr. they are pretty good bolt for under $30 for 6

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I like the Ten Point bolts with the lighted nocks I believe they are the Elites .....$60 for 3 is a bit painful to anty up but I think they're worth it

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
In my limited experience I would say there are lots of good bolts out there? Make sure you get the same length and as close to the same weight as he is sighted in for, weights can vary quite abit for bolts that are the same length. I shoot bemans.

·
Registered
18,566 Posts
I'm looking to get a heavier arrow. It will be for whitetail hunting. he can always sight it back in
If you want heavier, the FMJs are great arrows. As I said before, I have killed quite a few deer with them over the years and some turkeys.

The new TenPoint EVO-X arrows are heavier than standard as well, are weight matched, and have pretty consistent spine. I have not shot them yet as they are new but hope to send some downrange this summer or fall.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
I like my victory bolts that Arrowhead made for me. Been shooting mine out of a ten point vapor for about 4 years now. Had them made with the omni nocks that I can instantly switch them out with an omni lighted nock.

They have done well for me and hold up well. I have (3) kills with the one bolt and still in top shape for another one.

Whatever bolts you get, I recommend that you get them where he is able to used a lighted nock for hunting. Will make it a lot easier to find bolt in most cases after shooting at a deer or other game.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like my victory bolts that Arrowhead made for me. Been shooting mine out of a ten point vapor for about 4 years now. Had them made with the omni nocks that I can instantly switch them out with an omni lighted nock.

They have done well for me and hold up well. I have (3) kills with the one bolt and still in top shape for another one.

Whatever bolts you get, I recommend that you get them where he is able to used a lighted nock for hunting. Will make it a lot easier to find bolt in most cases after shooting at a deer or other game.
Thanks for the post. He shoots the Omni nocks while on stand. He loves em

1 - 16 of 16 Posts