The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know the provess for buying a vehicle from out of state? the seller is from maryland and he said all i should need is the signed title which is free and clear and maybe a bill of sale? im not so sure because everytime i have bought or sold a vehicle the other party was always present? input appreciated thanks/ troutman

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
InVenangoNow said:
Signed in the presence of a notary public and seal set.
When I bought one from Kentucky and had it shipped in the guy I bought it from sent a paper with limited power of attorney which authorized us to get the paper work done. I expect you need his signature witnessed and seal. Call a AAA office. (Since this is the univeral forum this should not be confused with AA)

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Just be careful with all the flood vehicles out there on the market after Sandy. Cars have been shuffled around quite a bit and re-titled to try to make a quick buck. Due diligence...

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
All good advice above. I always call either AAA, or local title and tag place, and ask them what all I will need to get the title transferred and a plate. Tell them what state you are purchasing car from. They should be able to tell all the doc's you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts