The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a week since spraying clover plot with butyrac weeds still free and growing. It did rain about 6 hours after spraying. Any suggestions what may have gone wrong. I did make sure I used the right concentration

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Hopefully BugleChaser is correct...sometimes it takes a little longer than we would like to see the desired results. Keep us posted on how the weeds look a week or so in the future.

·
Registered
12,312 Posts
Haven't used Butyrac, but I have seen other herbicides sometimes take a while. In another week you should see it starting to change color at least I would think.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just sprayed my clover plot this weekend with butyrac. I will be going back up this coming weekend and will check if it is starting to work after a week. We did not have any rain. I can check back in and let you know my results after one week. I hope its just taking a little longer to see results.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I sprayed my plot 3 weeks ago, went there yesterday and 90% of the weeds are dead. Now to work on the grasses. I always put a little extra in when mixing. about 1 quart to 12 gal of water. mix it good

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At camp today & weeds turning brown. Sprayed a small plot with Dakota & crop oil 2 weeks ago & it is starting to die. I have to be more patient.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Butyrac, I call it 24db, (not to be confused with 24d) if mixed right , for me is same day. It's almost instant, it's nasty stuff. I spot spray curly dock with it and it's melted by afternoon. If it's not working now, it won't work. Check your concentrations, mixing amounts. I swear by the stuff. It WILL kill chicory, so if you have a clover chic mix beware if you want to save the chic. If it's diluted to do an overall spray like a boom sprayer it will take longer but after 5 days, that's a wrap. Waiting won't help you. Check your brochure that came with the container for concentrations. I have used it on a boom spray, and it will take effect within 3 days on a weakened application.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts