The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trellised butternet squash plants that are going in all directions. should I trim them or just let them fight it out with the other plants?

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
I have the same problem.I have been just grabbing the plant and moving it where I want it to go...Usually stays for about a day,lol.I am going to have way too many butternutters.I am using some tomorrow for kabobs on the grill.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
This is my first year planting them. Are they ripe already???

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Take a cookie dish, spray with olive oil or butter. Cut them in half and bake with the cut half down. When they are soft peel off the skin, add a little salt, pepper and butter.......simple but really good.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also Risotto with butternut Squash, Baked then pureed as a great soup and cut life fries seasoned , sprayed with olive oil and baked

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
You can also hollow the halves out and put some butter and brown sugar in the scooped out hole.Sprinkle the rest of the squash as well..Mmmmm I used to like this,can't eat sugar anymore but I still make it for the girls.The butternut squash can also be used to make pumpkin pie.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
10der222 said:
You can also hollow the halves out and put some butter and brown sugar in the scooped out hole.Sprinkle the rest of the squash as well..Mmmmm I used to like this,can't eat sugar anymore but I still make it for the girls.The butternut squash can also be used to make pumpkin pie.
Thats the way I make them with butter and brown sugar..mmmmmmmm....nice and easy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts