The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things have been slow this season for my grandson not seeing any bucks. We hunt mostly in acorn flats and no acorns this year. Last night I took Butch to the green fields of a friends farm. Seeing quite a few doe out aleast got him primed up using the range finder on everything. Ten minutes before quiting time I'm getting the things ready for the hike out then woomp he shoots and scares the living daylights out of me. I turned around and he's smiling away and says he come out to feed and when he put his head down Butch put the 40 dot on him and double lunged him at 41 yards. Butch is now 11 years old and has got 3 bucks in a row now with crossbow and has made grandpap very proud!!

I forgot to add this. Butch got his first Vertical bow deer also this year. He used his Mathews bow and shot this doe at 15 yards out of a blind quartering away she only made it 40 yards. He is very proud of this deer being he got it with his vertical.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Re: Butch does it again

COOL...you da man Butch!

·
Registered
12,254 Posts

Congrats. Way to go.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts

Way to go Butch!

·
Registered
8,214 Posts

Stories like this are what the youth mentor program is all
about. Congrats to butch, keep it up young man!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks for all the kind comments for Butch. I now get to hunt the last 2 days of the season myself and he's giving me instructions on where to go LOL.

·
Premium Member
24,081 Posts

Congrats young man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts