The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm thinking about picking up a Bushmaster CMP marked Ar-15. It is really heavy and has a great trigger. Right around 700. Does anyone have any experience with these? I guess they made these ones for a year or so in the 90s.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Any idea how many rounds were fired through it? If it was used for xtc it could have many thousands of rounds down the barrel at a rapid pace. Should have a 2 stage target trigger, heavy barrel, either 1/4 or if replaced 1/8 minute sights. They are excellent guns but got used hard in High Power matches. HTH.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I forgot about and just remembered so of the Bushmasters had trigger problems but it was address. I don't know if the CMP ones were in that batch or not.

·
Registered
25,549 Posts
Had one in the 90s. Very accurate and really only suitable for match shooting. Mine had a great trigger, no issues with functionality. Even heavier if one uses the lead weight in the butt stock that came with them.

As noted, many of them were put to "hard" use and may have had thousands of rounds down the tube? But that's what they were made for.

IIRC, Bushmaster dropped their participation in the CMP program due to complaints from dealers over the better CMP prices?

Sold mine when I stopped shooting hi power matches some years ago.

·
Registered
117 Posts
RobOz said:
What was the trigger problem?
I don't exactly remember but runs in my mind it had something to do with, one time they were great trigger pull, then they got heavy, etc.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
LSandBinc said:
RobOz said:
What was the trigger problem?
I don't exactly remember but runs in my mind it had something to do with, one time they were great trigger pull, then they got heavy, etc.
a heavy trigger pull is not a "problem" with the trigger

pulling the trigger and it not working is a "problem"

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is if your shooting competition at 600 yards and on one shot it breaks at 4 1/2 pounds then goes to 9 pounds then goes to 1 pound then goes to 4 1/2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts