The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using Burris scopes for alot of years. I have them on all my rifles. I've picked up a few on ebay and got some pretty good deals. I picked up 1 on ebay a few years ago at a really good price, I think I got it for $80.00. It was a Fullfield (not fullfieldII), with a rangefinding reticle. It had dual horizontal crosshairs, the upper always stayed zero'd at 200 yards, as you raised the yardage ring, the lower one would be zero'd at the yardage you selected on the ring, up to 500 yards. It also had 2 "stadia wires" near the bottom that you would center on the body of your target that would tell you the distance to set the yardage ring. You bought these scopes calibrated for your caliber. I hated it, and never even mounted it on any of my 30-06's. It just sat in my desk drawer for at least 3 years. A couple months ago I emailed Burris and asked them if they could take all that crap out and just change it over to a ballisticplex reticle. I really thought that they would reply that I'm nuts. They replied immediately that they would take it in and give me credit towards a new scope, or they would take it in, dissassemble it and put in any reticle I want for $50.00.

Who else has this great of customer service?

Anyways, I just got the scope back today from Greeley CO. The packaging alone impressed the heck out of me. New Burris box, a letter thanking me for letting them evaluate my scope, explaining what they did, and certifying that the scope has been tested and re-centered.

IMHO these old Fullfields are comparable to the Black Diamond series they have out now. I now have 130.00 tied up in this old scope, and it's like new.

Anyways, the purpose of this rant is tell you how impressed I am with Burris optics. I cannot understand why they are not as popular with hunters like leupold is. IMHO they are the best buy out there, and the best customer service in the world.

Now I'm going to buy a 243 blr or Model 88 to mount this sucker on.

mike

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I agree, rarely do I buy any other brand of scope......I have three times as many burris scopes as I do leupolds........

They have the best customer service bar none.......

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Glad to hear their service has improved...

I have sent at least three different Burris' back and the service, in each case, was the worst I have ever experienced with any defective product...the latest issue happened a couple years ago...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I put a Burris 2x7 on my .450 Guide Gun. Reticle lasted for 12 rounds. Sent it back to Burris, they "fixed" it. Ten rounds later, no reticle. Back to Burris again. Now it sits in a box in the gun safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts