The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the .54 caliber Lancaster rifle up to the range today for a little informal shooting. Haven't shot the thing since last deer season. I was waiting for just the right day, one with little humidity and cooler temps and today was it. Perfect day, and met a fellow club member named Bob, who was there doing the same thing. Nice guy, and we had nice conversation. The old smokepole and myself didn't do too badly considering how long its been since I last had it out. I got a nice 3 shot group at 50 yards that measured maybe 2 1/2 to 3 inches across. Not the best I've ever shot, but I'll take it right now. I have time to work that down before deer season. Even managed to scrounge some lead from behind the backstop after things were all said and done (Bob finished up same time I did). Looking forward to my next trip up.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'll be getting my rifles out in the next couple weeks

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Got out today. Took both the 45 and 50 cal Bedfords, but due to heat I just shot the 45. Been over a year since I shot it but did ok. 1 1/2 inch group off the bench at 50 yds and 3 3/4 inches offhand. The rifle will do better than that but like I said, been a while since I shot it. Plan on using it this Oct so need to get it on the range for more practice. The rifle can do better if I do my part

Attachments

Reactions: blackpowder

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
still idea why I can't see pics

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Think I figured it out. See them now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts