The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd share some pictures.

Doug with a crazy flattail. this beaver had a 50lb frame but probably only was 25lb. its top teeth were gone and bottoms grown right into the top jaw. i doubt it would have made the winter.

thats my dad (aka Si) he is a trip on the line

me ,doug, and dad with a nice beaver and an otter that decided to check out a baited foothold.

Doug and his little friend before we had to relinquish custody to the GC

the boys and i and Si. not sure why he feels the need to squat down.

and a cool pic the kid took on the line

we got 8 beaver so far. more to come soon i hope as i found another spot. we didnt get pics of them all but i kinda like the ones we did. good times!!!!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Living the high life buddy. Good luck with the cats and hopefully this warm spell doesn't take all your snow with it.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
foxtrapperwoman said:
What does the PGC do with all of the otters turned over every year?
They skin them and sell them at the auction.

Bobcat, Those are really cool pics! I amazed how run down your camp looks on the outside (last pic) and how nice it looks on the inside!

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dietsch said:
foxtrapperwoman said:
What does the PGC do with all of the otters turned over every year?
put them in a freezer with most ending up on a pile with deer and everything else
i asked a deputy at work and he said it was probably in the pile. i dont know that for certain. i was going to offer to buy it but game laws says unless you hit it on the road the person responsible for the demise, or family, or anyone acting on their behalf cant buy them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts