The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I help a friend run trail cams and we have hundreds of pics of 2 very large bucks starting 3 years ago, very distinctive racks so we know they are the same 2 bucks. Since we have pics from 3 yrs. ago we figure they are at least 5 1/2 yrs. old. They disappear early Sept. and no one sees them again until after Christmas. Same thing this year until the 1st day of rifle season when he is walking to his stand and finds I of them dead. Must have been shot the week before near the road made it out of the field? We have hunted those 2 deer for the last 3 seasons in archery. He was almost in ears telling me about it. Roughly a 140" 8 pont? What a terrible waste!!

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Its a shame but it happens. Last year my son came across a dead 8 point that had a very tall rack. It was lying on the edge of the runway of the airport property where he works, and we hunt. A guy down the hill from the ajoining property we later found out, had shot it with an arrow. Hit it far back in the guts, and it limped away, festered and expired. The guy never even searched for it. The airport manager had it hauled into the woods and dumped. Such a waste.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts