1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
This is going to be interesting...

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Does it come with practice tips to tune that monstrosity of a head?

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Good point! Certainly you won't see "flies like a fieldpoint" on the box.

So I'm sittin here...and I'm thinkin about the physics of it...and I'm wonderin...because arrows aren't heavy like firearms.... Where is the recoil going? Because when that round goes off, it's gonna apply rearward force on that arrow shaft. I can't tell from the video (maybe somebody with sharper eyes can) but I'm not so sure some of those arrows aren't 'bouncing off' those boar. Looks like it doesn't matter, but it's going to take some of the energy out of that round and it most likely is going destroy that arrow. Just a random thought...

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think Rambo had a similar device!

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
There was a video of a guy on one of the black powder forums that came across several old hollow aluminum arrows from the 1970's. Apparently he discovered that he could fill them with black powder and wedge a 209 primer in the business end of the arrow. He shot one against a concrete wall and boom.

Back in the 1950's and 1960's, many Florida fishing boats carried a spear that held a live shot gun shell in the point. If they had trouble with a large shark on the line and along side the boat, they would stick the shark on the head and blow it's brains out with the shotgun blast.

As I said above, old tech.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I would think that sort of technology would enter the bow fishing realm first. Alligators and gar could use a dose from an arrow head like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts