The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks springer rage, I found her pics a few days ago, very nice smoker. I love to smoke cheese and my propane smoker is difficult to do it in. I usually won't smoke until the temps are in the teens and at night

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Got me thinking...so went and got some t n g wood....gonna start building it friday...not huge but it will be 30"×30"×48" tall sitting a cinder block firebox area...i will post pics of the build

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I love the looks of this project!! I got som t&g left over from the house remodel.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Ok i have 2 hrs into this so far...it is 30x30x48 the roof will be metal with small vent plus i will have 2 air flow dampers on either side near bottom
Pic 1 frame

Pic2 ....2 sides of wood...then ran out of light

Pic 3 inside....there will 4 shelves plus 2 rods across top to hang trout or whole steelies

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Same link...i based mine on but a little smaller

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is looking like just what I would like to build. I have to change my plans a little though. I love smoking cheese. I am going to have to pipe smoke to it to have a cold smoke…

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Update...needs racks installed....and a few trim pieces...and good to go....
About a $100..tied up in it

far from perfect....but hey it will get the job done....going to use a twin burner 1500 watt ..cooktop one to control heat other for the smoke...also there will be water tub to keep from drying meat to much...also i have a digital..thermometer for it for air temp and meat temp..

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Gona be 3 racks...all removable...plus rods neat top.for hanging fish .sausage...etc...this will be sitting on a cinderblock foundaton

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
almost put in some adjustable shelving...getting ready to season the wood...need better racks but minor detail...need to build fire box yet but it usable when needed.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts