The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
I'm building my new smoker out of a 55gaj drum. Hope to get some work done this weekend. Total cost is gonna be about $80. Could have done it cheaper but I bought a new drum cause I didn't wanna mess with all the work for a used one

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
The only hard part is finding the older style frige with the locking handle.Other then that easy smoker.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have 2 55 gallon drums if some one wants them they can have them just pick them up I'm in Greene County 3 miles from Carmichaels

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
When I built my fridge smoker, I started out with electric, but went to gas. I wasn't very happy with the temperatures I was getting with the electric. Not to mention, I couldn't take it to camp.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Gonna haffta get some photos on here of my familys smokehouse. My dad made it out of aircraft sheetmetal when he was in the service a LONG time ago, and we use a good old firebox out the back made out out steel.

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
i know a guy who used an old amish built shed..he just closed in all of the windows and put hooks on the sides to hang rails for the meat to hang off of....a couple of pipes/vents in and out and he had himself the best smoker you can ask for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts