The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 year old son loves watching forged in fire and constantly is playing with metal and pretending to make knives and swords from the show. Is there some kind of kit that he and I could do together? Im not looking to forge metal into a blade or anything but it would be good to have a blade that is basically formed that needs maybe some minimal work done to it with a grinder or other common tools that then can be put together with the correct parts and pieces provided? Im thinking something along the lines of the muzzleloader kits that are out there that you buy everything you need and you "build" it.

Honestly, I didnt do a google search yet, decided to come here first

·
Registered
388 Posts
a lot of the supply houses like Janzt and USAKnifemakers have kits to get started. TexasKnifemakers supply is another one.
Good luck! This is one way to light the fire :) and show us the results!

Reactions: 171farm

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I will take a look at the places you mentioned and if we give this a go I will be sure to share the results

·
Registered
388 Posts
if I can be of assistance, let me know.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I know Smoky Mountain knife works carries stuff for making knives. I've not made one but I'm sure they have a website that sells stuff. They have a huge store down in Pigeon Forge, TN that I visited on vacation and they have a whole section of stuff for people who make their own.

·
Registered
388 Posts
if ya Google knifemaking supplies, you will find a great many sources of parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts