The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy Sam shot this nice tom today. it was a short chase but after a rough start to the season and me missing one i'll take it! cat looked alot nicer before it came back to life and caused quit a commotion. one dog took a paw to the face and the other got a hook in the pad, and Sam did some fancy high stepping when it tried to climb his leg.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Re: buddys cay

Nice pic Bobcat. That black and tan runs hare and cats, sounds like the perfect dog.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

and cottontail and coyotes and fox and...... i haven't seen what it can do on a cat on its own yet.
we had a 5 hour chase today and my boy missed with the middle dog by herself today. she is a cold tailing machine and seems to be hanging on them better and better all the time and gives 100% once you get her out there but if she had her choice she would just sleep in the house all day. her pads are off now so she can rest a few days. i hate this 3 week season crap always end up pushing a little too hard and running out of dog power when they go down. and its hard to keep them in shape for a 3 week sprint. i try running them on coon to get them warmed up then i end up dragging them off den trees all day. but i still refuse to run them stinky coyotes. lol

·
Registered
424 Posts

Tell sam to stop shorting all those cats up there. Cousin called one in yesterday but came in behind him. Took chief over just rough conditions cat never broke the crust. He cold trailed just never lit up on it. He's down for a couple days now have to do a little calling maybe.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ole Sams on cloud 9. i missed a cat sat. and devin missed today so he is rubbing it in a little. lol

·
Registered
424 Posts

That's like number 3 for him isn't it? Did he offer shooting lessons. Guys have a lot of tracks up there this year.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts

What is that black and tan dog? Breed I mean or breeding. Thought maybe he was a cur with a tail when I saw him.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

huntsmenbob said:
What is that black and tan dog? Breed I mean or breeding. Thought maybe he was a cur with a tail when I saw him.
running walker/treeing walker cross i was told. we ran that dog and one of mine today. we ran 3 cats, a grey fox, a yote and they killed a coon on the ground. lol
i miss the yote

·
Registered
424 Posts

A lot of cat sign this year or no? They doing the wounded warrior hunt this year. I'd like to get a chase going there one year just never seems to work out. Even come up another day would be ok with me.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

i found a little honey hole with some cats. we just cant get a look at them in there its so thick but great running. not sure what they are doing about the ww hunt. mindy said something about getting people to take guys out calling. easier than running them around trying to get ahead of one of them stinking yote. i'm glad i had an ecollar today. stopped that yote running bs.

·
Registered
424 Posts

Nice they are stinky. Looks like a fresh coat for the morning and Saturday.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

im done till at least saturday. probably hunt rabbits tomorrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts