The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And I picked up the three rifles pictured...

Got them for $499 a piece, with a 40 or 50 dollar mail in rebate (I think). To put it simply, I've got plans for these rifles.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Holy Hanna...

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Man oh man. If I brought home 3 rifles on the same day the boxes would have to be soft as I would be sleeping with them

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Nice! dont you just love buying new stuff. i myself am running out of reasons to give to my wife to why i "need" each rifle i buy. i think she has caught on. uh oh!

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Question #1- Are you married?
Question #2-If so, does your wife have a sister that is as understanding and would it be cool if I traded my current wife for her?

I have a buddy I work with who is young and single, works alot of OT. He came home from the gun store with 3 rifles once. When he was asked why he bought three, he simply replied, "Because they were on sale and I can!"

I wouldn't trade my family for anything, but sometimes I miss those days!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buckethead said:
Question #1- Are you married?
Question #2-If so, does your wife have a sister that is as understanding and would it be cool if I traded my current wife for her?

I have a buddy I work with who is young and single, works alot of OT. He came home from the gun store with 3 rifles once. When he was asked why he bought three, he simply replied, "Because they were on sale and I can!"

I wouldn't trade my family for anything, but sometimes I miss those days!
I'm sorta the guy you mention in your post. I'm 23 and single, so I can thankfully somewhat get away with this kind of stuff. This was my "Yay, I just got a new job" present to myself, I guess. I figured I might as well, as the price was a bit too good to turn down.

The 7mm-08 is going into a Remington Ti-takeoff stock and will get punched to 7mm-08AI (sometime), the 243 will probably become a 'semi custom' 243AI in a McMillan, and the 270 will most likely become a 'semi custom' 280AI in a McMillan EDGE.

The way I figure it, spending money on guns is a helluva lot cheaper than marriage, having kids, getting a divorce, then paying alimony and child support!

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Just remember to stay unmarried and don't have any kids.You may find a woman that you really care about and she will pressure you for those things or leave.Take it from a guy that has done it twice.Lol.Some women do understand the need for guns though.My second wife does and the first one wasn't bad on it either.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's a couple of photos of the new rifles. The 7mm-08 is in the tan Ti-takeoff, the 243 is in the middle, and the 270 is at the back.

Sorry about the crappy pics, I took them with my cell phone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
those are some nice rifles you got there. i am trying to get a collection like that together too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts