The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That sure is a sad misfortune that happened to that young fella and his Uncle and friend.Have any of you seen the show?I never heard of it until hearing about this tradegy.

·
Registered
615 Posts
seen it flipping through a couple times, not sure about the tragedy ive been hearing about but they acted like a bunch of idots on the show

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
troutman42 said:
seen it flipping through a couple times, not sure about the tragedy ive been hearing about but they acted like a bunch of idots on the show
I agree the show is stupid, but I don't think it's any less of a tragedy that the young man died. If somebody wanted to pay me just to act stupid, I'd do it, and be rich!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Totally scripted show of stereotypes and staged situations, nevertheless the recent loss of all three individuals was a tragedy.

Of the 8 or so cast members...one has died, one was arrested for a DUI and one arrested for transporting/sale/whatever of heroin/ etal in the company of a dude from D-troit....she recently was sent back to the Greybar for failing a drug test.

MoJoe was correct...terrible show, on many levels, that should never have seen the light of day.

·
Registered
545 Posts
No, Appalachian Jersey Shore.
Ten minutes of the first show was enough to see the problem re stereotypes.

It is on par with the Nugent show where he tries to scare city folks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My guess is that this is what Darwin spoke about. I watched part of the show when I was traveling on business and it didn't take long to change the channel.

·
Registered
12,199 Posts
I tried to watch an episoded and could not get through it. Complete trash. No matter how stupid the show was, it is still very sad that these folks lost their lives.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It,s a real good possibility they were skunk drunk too cause they supposedly left a bar at 3:00 a.m.Sunday morning to go out muddin.Now I,ve done my share of muddin too when I was his age but never at 3:00 in the morning.If they were sober they probably would have called someone when they got stuck.It,s a shame they didn,t get out of the truck once they were stuck or at least shut down the engine.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
God bless the families affected by this tragedy. My heart goes out to all suffering from this.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
My theory is this

They were drunk, when they got stuck they were so drunk they decided to not wake anyone and slept in the car, not realizing the tailpipe was under mud. Carbon monoxide likely came in the cabin and rather than realizing its effect like you may at 3pm they figured they were just tired/wasted and went to sleep.

Everyone thinks its a slow way to die but in a car its not, its violent and disgusting. One of my very good friends, his brother after HS had relationship issues. He parked his car at the top of a mountain and ran a hose from the tailpipe to the cab to kill himself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts