The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Once.. Close to 10 years ago. Past his prime I would say. Suspect he may have been deaf and blind so just waiting for another one like him to come along.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Shot several small racks back in the days before AR but none since. Also have shot two bucks thinking they were mature does in flintlock season that had already lost their antlers.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I got this one two years ago, my third buck with the flinter, hopefully going to get number 4 this year!

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
I have had 2 opportunities at bucks during the late flintlock season. The first was a basket rack 8 pointer that strolled out with 2 does..I had already used my buck tag during archery season, so I shot one of the does. The second opportunity happened a few years ago. I watched another basket rack chasing a fawn doe around my stand for about 15 minutes. They wouldn't stand still and I was freezing from the cold weather, so I doubt I could have held steady if they had stopped anyway!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I think that harvesting a buck with a flintlock in the late season is, hands down, the biggest challenge in PA deer hunting. Congrats to you successful hunters that have accomplished this feat.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My last 2 bucks were with the Flintlock. Im 15, and have as many bucks with my flintlock as with my high powered rifle. I love late season.Been hunting since first day of archery and pass up alot of small bucks even though I will shoot almost anything in late season. Still have all of my tags. Let the led flinging begin!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had a chance at one...pan deployed, gun did not, as i reached for the hammer the gun fired... I fill my limit on oaks and maples everyyear.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
My brother took this one last year in 2G State Forest land on New Year's Eve. Scored 138.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts