The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was on my way home from work last night at 3 am. saw a half rack 8 or 10 point with 5 doe. this is the latest ive ever seen a buck with last years antlers. mother nature sure is interesting.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
still seeing antlered deer and elk while out around the calidonia pike and medix run area as of two nights ago.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
saw a half rack this morning on the way to work

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Latest I ever saw one was April 14th, very easy to remember since I had just finished up my taxes a half-hour before. Very vivid memory of that date.

It was a three-point that a kid down the road had creased through the very front of the brisket on the first day of gun season. The kid and the uncle came looking for it past my tree stand, and I later saw the deer limping up on the hill about 2:30 that afternoon. Clearly saw the gash with the binocs, figured someone would finish it off (I couldn't, AR was in effect).

Very distinctive large 3-point rack (spike and a fork). Positive it was the same deer. I saw it in daylight 50 yards from me when it sauntered through the yard. Wound wasn't obvious, just some funny looking fur, not a bloody scab or anything. But no doubt it was the same deer.

I'd have been worried my prescriptions were out of whack but my neighbor saw it too as it went down his long lane to his house. We talked about it the next day, hence the memory of it being tax day. Maybe having that flesh wound had something to do with it.

·
Banned
979 Posts
Went out yesterday to knock on doors for permission this upcoming season, and I got two more places to hunt...However in the one field across from the one prop there were at least 50 deer in the field and one still had one side on, looked like half of a basket 6pt...rare but they are around.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have trail cam pics from a few years ago with 2 diffretn bucks still with full racks in the first week of april.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts