The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, thinking of doing a canoe fishing trip from Buckaloons to East Hickory, and am not familiar with the river that far north. I'm interested in catching pretty much anything, bass, walleye, or whatever is biting. I'm not asking for any particular spots, but am wondering if this is an alright section of river, with some nice deep holes and good structure in it. Thanks for any info, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
531 Posts
One of the best smallmouth stretches in the state. Of course depending on what time of year you go will dictate what they are hitting/where they are located. Once you get closer to June the fish will be moving more shallow. Crawfish crankbaits are always a good bet anytime of the year on the river. Spinner baits, white flukes, small lures all work too. The river will vary I depths every 100 yards or so. You may go from being in 3 inches of water to 12 feet in a matter of feet. Most pools are 5-6 feet deep. Plenty of boulders and rocks the whole way down. Youl be going right by my cabin.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info! I'm planning on going up this wednesday and thursday. I've fished from the dam down to Warren, but not in Tidioute since my grandpap had a camp there 20 years ago. Awesome! I'm hoping for a good day on the river.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts