The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the fancy knives on the shelves these days do any of you guys still own one of these two ole stand bys.
I know the 110 is probably the better seller but i've always been partial to the smaller 112 with the finger grip handle. When you hold one of these two knives you can feel and see the quality.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I still carry my first one that I bought in the mid 70's---for which I had to save my shekels for a long time to come up with the $32 (circa) price!

Cost then in real dollars was drastically different than now.

I have two others, one was a door prise at an NRA dinner and the other a gift and signed by Buck--those don't go to the field

All 110 BTW.

·
Registered
12,843 Posts
2 of my brothers carry the 110 and the other a 112. Actually, the 112 is an easier carry knife and will do most of what the 110 can do in a smaller platform. The 110 is better at doing larger work. I have a Case XX knife that is the comparison to the 110. I like the fact that I am buying a PA made product

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I carry my 110 Most of the time while hunitng Big game which i got about 30 years ago , But I ALWAYS carry my leatherman wave while in the woods for any purpose ,the multi-tool is so much more usefull then just a knife ,

·
Registered
36,758 Posts
I also still carry my 110 that I bought in 1972 on my first out of state bear hunt in New Hampshire. Whenever I venture outside it's on my belt.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I still have the 110 my wife bought me 30 years ago. I now carry a lighter Gerber AR 3.0 afield. The Buck is still as stout as the day I got it and will be around longer thanthe lighter knife.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
They stuck me on one of those big grey ships with planes on top of it on New Years Eve 71. One of the first things I noticed, was just about everybody had a black leather sheath on their belt. I went to the ships store and got me one of them neat 110's for 12 bucks. I bought other Case & Buck knives dirt cheap, but the 110 is always on my belt.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Still carrying my Buck 110 I got for my 12th birthday in '92.

Blade had to be replaced once after having it for a couple years. Someone busted the tip off trying to bust through the pelvic bone on a deer.

I'll be using that knife till I lose it or pass it down to my son on his 12th.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Have a buck 112 i bought at kmart in 1968 for $18.00...been using it ever since.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Have had both. Oldest boy has my first 110 and the youngest has my 112. They bought me a new 110 with the finger grooves for Christmas a couple years ago. Havent found I need a differant knife for deer or anything else.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Been using the Buck 112 for about 40 years. Tip was broken off about 30 years ago and oldest brother reground a new tip. Blade isn't very long now but it has field dressed a lot of deer in that shortened configuration.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Just as many others have posted , have carried my 110 for nearly 40 years IMO the best folder out there. Did have to replace the sheath , the belt loop on the original finally wore thru.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
WOW, that is just amazing to hear all these folks on here about their Buck knives. I have a 110. Got it back in 1978, so that makes it 32 years old. WOW, didn't realize how old that was 'til now.

I have several other Buck knives, little pocket knives. When I look at knives, my top Three picks are: Buck, Gerber, Browning. Great steel on all three IMHO.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts