The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Climbed up into my stand early and got situated this morning. Started off with some aggressive grunting. After calling on/off for about 15 minutes I hear a deer approaching from below my stand. As he came into view I immediately spotted some good headgear.
He worked his way up to me in search of the buck he believed he heard, constantly checking the wind. At ten yards he presented me with a sharp quartering away shot, I took it. Sent a Gold Tip Lazer II bolt tipped with a Slick Trick 100gr head out of my Equinox right at him. He bounded off with his tail down and stopped about forty yards away. As he began walking away I noticed he was wobbling alittle.
I climbed down shortly after that and backed out. I thought I made a good hit but didn't want to push him. I went home and called my father to see if he was up for a tracking job. We returned two hours later. It wasn't much of a job. The deer only went another 15yds from where I saw him last. Hit him directly through the heart.

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
Nice buck, congrats

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Great buck Beagler!! Going out tomorrow morning to see if I can't get one to come in to some ratteling and grunting too. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts