The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
You have a point in a way. Wallace is just another tool being used by those who wish to stir the pot on racial division. And NASCAR is using him in a way to get publicity and show how “inclusive” they are now.

But again, once Bubba realized what it was and the truth came out, he had the opportunity to come out and say no big deal, I just want to race. Instead he doubled down on the noose nonsense and is sticking to it to play into his victimhood status.

Wallace isn’t a great driver and that’s just the truth. Just like Kap wasn’t a great QB. Now both men are using their newfound “victim” status to have the spotlight constantly shined on them. Nobody even knows who won a race or who the other drivers are because the focus is all on Bubba...

NASCAR tried this before with Danica Patrick and we all saw how that panned our...

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
You have a point in a way. Wallace is just another tool being used by those who wish to stir the pot on racial division. And NASCAR is using him in a way to get publicity and show how “inclusive” they are now.

But again, once Bubba realized what it was and the truth came out, he had the opportunity to come out and say no big deal, I just want to race. Instead he doubled down on the noose nonsense and is sticking to it to play into his victimhood status.

Wallace isn’t a great driver and that’s just the truth. Just like Kap wasn’t a great QB. Now both men are using their newfound “victim” status to have the spotlight constantly shined on them. Nobody even knows who won a race or who the other drivers are because the focus is all on Bubba...

NASCAR tried this before with Danica Patrick and we all saw how that panned our...
First, what you said in your post above is mostly fair, and I totally agree with the first paragraph and most of the third paragraph, i.e. he's not a great driver... I will say though only a handful that run Cup are great, the rest just fill the field.

Where I disagree is the second paragraph, because Wallace did in fact come out acknowledging the truth yesterday:

"It's been an emotional few days," Wallace said in his statement. "First off, I want to say how relieved I am that the investigation revealed that this wasn't what we feared it was. I want to thank my team, NASCAR and the FBI for acting swiftly and treating this as a real threat.

"I think we'll gladly take a little embarrassment over what the alternatives could have been. Make no mistake, though some will try, this should not detract from the show of unity we had on Monday, and the progress we've made as a sport to be a more welcoming environment for all."

If anyone feels that was too late, remember that the FBI made it's determination Tuesday, and the statement above is from yesterday, Wednesday. With that statement, it's pretty clear he's surrendered any perceived victims status.

·
Registered
679 Posts
People not familiar with NASCAR have no idea what Wallace has gone through being the first black full time driver. He's taken a lot of abuse and received a lot of threats.

It was just a mistake, it wasn't a noose but looked like one, and the crew reacted to that, can you blame them under the current political climate with all this crap going on? BTW, crews have no idea what garage they are assigned to until they get to the track, in this case the day of the race due to Covid protocol, so there is no way they could have known it was there. It was simply a mistake.
BS!!! Yes I can blame them!!!!
your gonna tell me the owners of the garage and the people that have worked there didn’t know it was there for a long time!! That someone with some authority and common sense just couldn’t have headed the whole thing off.
I am familiar with NASCAR and it’s image as a good ol southern boys club!!!
The only sport running right now and that it needs to be put down!!!! Or slowed down !!!
They banned the confederate flag last week, only a good opportunity to pull this crap this week!!! Get your head out of your rump!

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Well, if he finally admits that this was a giant nothingburger, then good for him.

But it doesn’t change the fact that this should have been BLATANTLY obvious to everyone involved that it wasn’t what they were portraying it as. How come his crew didn’t immediately post a picture of the “noose” right away to show just how ominous and threatening it was? Why? Because it would have been obvious to anyone with an operational frontal lobe that it was merely a pull rope for the garage door. But better to give the illusion that it was a full size hangman’s noose hanging from the rafters in his stall, rather than something you can barely fit your hand into...

Regardless, it’s garbage like this that just creates more division and animosity. Certain people literally wake up every day looking for something to be offended by and they are things that aren’t even there. The question in this case is, did the crew and NASCAR know exactly what it was and yet ran with the noose story anyway to milk it for all it’s worth? Looks more and more like that to me.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
You could be right BB about NASCAR's intentions, I don't know, but I really see this as a "perfect storm situation" given the political climate at large, coupled with the flag decision and an active protest going on at the track about that. Enough in my mind to give the benefit of doubt.

In any case, I totally agree with " Regardless, it’s garbage like this that just creates more division and animosity. Certain people literally wake up every day looking for something to be offended by and they are things that aren’t even there. "

I also find Wallace to be naive and misguided concerning BLM, I'm just not too hard on (peaceful) run-of-the-mine people who get fooled by it, when so many in power are actively espousing it, or at least passively tolerating it. I just don't think people like Bubba Wallace understand the Marxist ideology behind it.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
The fact is that the Wood Bros racing team was in that garage at the October race and saw the loop in the pull rope then. The FBI interviewed them and they cooperated and saying that they saw it back then. So, even if they want to continue to claim they it was a “straight up noose”, how can they claim it was directed at Wallace when it had been there since last fall? And now I see an AP about how NASCAR is saying that the noose is real and how they were rightfully concerned and now everyone in the industry now has to undergo sensitivity training and unconscious bias awareness...

Noose definition: a loop with a slip knot that binds closer the more it is drawn.

So yes, it was a “noose” and they now seem to be hung up int he semantics of it when it is clearly obvious that it was not a “hangman’s noose” and it wasn’t placed in a threatening manner in any way.

There is literally nothing there and yet the “controversy” rages on...

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
"There is literally nothing there and yet the “controversy” rages on... "

Man, ain't that the truth!

Far as sensitivity training, what a bunch of Hooey, but par for the course. I had a guy call in and tell me he was taking off because he doesn't drive in the snow. Next day he gives me his leave slip to sign and was claiming a sick day. I refused to sign it and told him I'd gladly sign for a personal or vacation day... he went over my head and flat out lied about it. Guess where I ended up for three days? Yep, sensitivity training.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Guys , with this controversy with Wallace , don`t forget they are abandoning the sportsmen and women by banning firearm manufacturers sponsorship advertising on the cars. they are trying to appease the anti - gun and others to save face.

Agree, and it's disappointing. They feel they must appease corporate media, on whom they depend for the majority of their income (TV time).

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
And Wallace proved he is as much of a racist as anyone. Once the truth came out, he could have said hey, in these times one of our crew was concerned it was a hate message, but it was not, just a rope for the door. Let it go, let's just go racing! But instead he has to still defend their comments. Keep pushing it as a racist rope when that is not true.
EXACTLY!! How he handled it after all the facts were in proved what he's all about and what kind of man he is. The POS had a perfect opportunity for a "come together moment" and instead chose to double down on racial division at a very inopportune time.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts