The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Not that it changes much, but I would like to know if this garage pull was tied in true "noose" fashion....did it have a hangman's knot ? Or was it mere form of loop knot??? I have not seen a pic???

Either way, it appears the knot served a utilitarian function. It really sounds like someone used their ESP (extra sensitive perspective) to turn this thing into an issue....and the media ran with it .

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Well I for one can't swallow the "mistake" explanation. As late as this morning 'Bubba' was quoted on tv arguing that the FBI's 15 agents had it all wrong, it wasn't a garage door pull down rope...it was a noose. Even though all the garage doors in that building had the same rope set up he just knew his was a noose. This fellow is beginning to sound suspiciously like that Smollet guy in Chicago.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Not that it changes much, but I would like to know if this garage pull was tied in true "noose" fashion....did it have a hangman's knot ? Or was it mere form of loop knot??? I have not seen a pic???
Look at the video.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
In order to understand how this incident happened, you have to put it context with what has been going on for months now in NASCAR.

It began with Kyle Larson’s blurting out the F bomb on an open mic during an I-Race several months ago. Larson’s team immediately reacted by dismissing him and NASCAR immediately reacted by banning him. Larson publicly apologized to Wallace, but it was too little too late. This put Wallace in the spotlight as the Main Stream Media descended upon him as a spokesman for the sport, conducting interview after interview to get his reaction to the incident.

Just as all that was toning down, fast forward to the George Floyd incident and the subsequent upheaval over that. NASCAR, which has suffered from a Redneck Good Old Boy image forever, jumped into the BLM cause hook line and sinker, as did Bubba Wallace, along with dozens of other corporations and mainstream politicians both Democrat and Republican, again putting Wallace in the headlights of the media as the official black spokesperson for NASCAR. Now was all that misguided, yes, but not unexpected.

Over the ensuing weeks the media hounded Wallace as NASCAR itself put Wallace front and center, asking him to work with them in cleaning up their somewhat tainted image, and over the next few races, NASCAR, both at the track with demonstrations of “solidarity”, and in on air commentary, espoused the same BLM dribble that the all of corporate and political America was falling for.

Wallace was under tremendous pressure from both the press and NASCAR itself… we’re not talking about a sophisticated public spokesperson or politician; we’re talking about a 26 year old young man who a few weeks earlier only wanted to drive a race car. As could be seen in interviews where he could barely keep himself composed, and on the track where, at the end of the Atlanta race, he fainted during a post race interview… from heat exhaustion, yes, but I’m certain the pressure cooker he’d been living in for weeks played a part in that as well.

Leading up to the Talladega Race, NASCAR had asked Wallace what they could do to promote better race relations, and partly due to Wallace’s recommendation, they publicly proclaimed that the Confederate Flag would no longer be tolerated at NASCAR events, including any being flown by the fans. Once again the press descended upon Wallace.

When NASCAR arrived at the Talladega track, they were met by protesters flying the Confederate flag. I don’t think there was any real trouble, but that set the stage and Wallace’s crew were already in defense mode when they walked into the garage and saw what they perceived to be a hangman’s noose. They overreacted and reported it. Typically, crews arrive well ahead of their drivers and I suspect Wallace himself never even saw the thing until already having been told about it. I’m willing to bet he was scared to death, and I think, under similar circumstances, most of us would have been as well.

Has he subsequently handled the situation well? Maybe not, maybe so, I'm not going to judge him, I don't walk in his shoes, but you have to realize that several days went by and some of these interviews with his comments about this took place before the FBI cleared the investigation. Has he purposely injected himself into this BLM mess? Partially yes and partially no… it was expected of him and largely driven by the MSN and NASCAR itself. For that matter, what would one expect from a young black man when all around him, leaders, politicians, corporate America, and even his own employer are being taken in by it?

Of one thing I’m absolutely certain, this was not a Smollett hoax by Wallace or anyone else in NASCAR, it was a mistake and overreaction in a politically charged situation.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I just can’t see it being a mistake. Someone saw the opportunity to play the race card and label nascar fans as racist. Whether or not Wallace himself saw the opportunity or one of his crew doesn’t matter. Bubba continues doing interviews playing the race card for all its worth. Check out his interview with Don Lemon.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
She's talking about Kyle Larson. He did say the n word on an open mic during an irace and was dismissed from his team and NASCAR for it.
And I would guess Mom stretched it to "people" saying it, even though Kyle was fired, and probably will never get another ride again. Just because "people" is ambiguous, and yet insinuates multiples.

I would think Petty can now cheat all over that car, although not blatant, and Nascar won't do anything, for fear of throwing a black flag.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I was never under the impression Wallace was putting on an act. If I'm not mistaken, the "noose" had to be pointed out to him. Given the current climate, if I were black and somebody said "that's a noose", I might be quick to believe that was the intent. Looking at the noose in the video (thanks for cluing me in Dogface), it looks more like a n improvised pull rope handle.....you'd need a small head to fit in there. Was this a slip knot? A handle would be static, a noose would close upon pulling.

I put the onus on the people around Wallace turning this into a noose, rather than Wallace himself. But who knows....nobody will ever know for certain. Wallce seems like a decent guy to me, but I really don't know him that well.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
loridr, I’m sorry but Bubba is not blameless in this and neither is NASCAR for that matter. Sure, the MSM and politicians have thrust him into the spotlight but he seems to be more than willing to soak up all the attention and play the victim here.

It wasn’t what they claimed it was and it should have been blatantly obvious to NASCAR at the very least. It was attached to the garage door for God’s sake! It was hanging from the rafters or something. But instead, everyone was rushing to the mics and cameras to express their disgust and anger over such a “blatant act of hatred and racism” without knowing any facts. From the governor of AL to Richard Petty to Nikki Haley and the drivers, they all couldn’t wait to believe it and be the first to get on the record as being appalled by it...

Is it a Smollett level “hoax”? Hard to say. Did the crew really believe that it was a “noose”, left there to “send a message”? Maybe, but a simple investigation on their part would have cleared everything up and not have brought it to the situation we had. But instead they ran to the media to claim that the “racist” act had occurred and stirred up more unnecessary controversy.

NASCAR is dying and had been for quite some time. They have been hanging on thanks to their major corporate sponsors, the same companies that have went all in with BLM. NASCAR is in very real danger of losing said sponsors if they don’t join suit. So from what I’ve heard, Wallace wasn’t quite a good enough driver to get decent sponsors for his ride, so NASCAR essentially “assisted” him in getting those sponsors so he could race. Fair to other struggling drivers? Hardly, but another affirmative action situation. So now in the midst of all the unrest around the country, suddenly Bubba is front and center in “America’s most racist sport” and an opportunity is seen to place the race card and be the “victim” to gain support and attention that he normally wouldn’t be getting. He tells NASCAR to ban the battle flag of the army of Northern Virginia and they do so just like that. And right after that a pull rope is reported as a “noose” and suddenly Bubba is right back in the headlines...

And no, I will not give him the benefit of the doubt on this. Even when the truth was discovered he is still insisting that it was a “noose”, desperate to keep playing the victim. He had ample opportunities to say that it was a misunderstanding or an overreaction and that he had had nothing but support from NASCAR and other drivers and such but instead he went all in on the “hate crime” hoax train and I have zero sympathy for him or NASCAR.

Bubba Wallace, best race card driver ever...

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
BTW, if this was such an obvious “noose”, placed there in a “threatening” manner, how come there weren’t pictures blasted all over media right away? Could it be because most people would have almost immediately realized they it was a pull rope for a garage door and not what we were being told it was? Naw...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Wrong! First black NASCAR driver was Wendell Scott and he won a big race! A few years back they had a documentary on him. Great driver. Only 6 black drivers after him including Wallace.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts