The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FBI said there was no crime and the noose had been in the garage since last October so I guess he thought it would be a good time to report the incident and get everyone's support.

IMO the other day I thought something was fishy and was thinking he placed the noose there like that other POS in Chicago

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
People not familiar with NASCAR have no idea what Wallace has gone through being the first black full time driver. He's taken a lot of abuse and received a lot of threats.

It was just a mistake, it wasn't a noose but looked like one, and the crew reacted to that, can you blame them under the current political climate with all this crap going on? BTW, crews have no idea what garage they are assigned to until they get to the track, in this case the day of the race due to Covid protocol, so there is no way they could have known it was there. It was simply a mistake.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
They sent 15 agents for a simple door pull down rope, because someone thought some one did something racist. Then you go out to the chop area, that was taken over by anti American thugs, and they reward them with a police station and part of the city. I guess that is just privilege. I do not think this driver pulled a smollet, I thought some of his crew reported it. But with all the fake news who knows what happened. If you think someone may have done something wrong, all blame goes back to Trump, according to the liberals.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Seen on GMA news this morning that Wallaces mother claims some of the NASCAR drivers and or pit crew members used the n- word around him or directed at him.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
The reports I read said when the story broke, a crew member from another team notified the people investigating that the rope had been there since last fall.

A typical door pull rope has a plastic handle and the rope goes thru a hole and is knotted. The handle breaks, need a loop. So soneone tied a noose knot and all heck breaks loose.

I don't think it had any racist intent whatsoever. Maybe a little dark humor, some tired crew member coming off a 16-hour day breaks the pull rope handle and ties a noose joking that's he's had enough!

And Wallace proved he is as much of a racist as anyone. Once the truth came out, he could have said hey, in these times one of our crew was concerned it was a hate message, but it was not, just a rope for the door. Let it go, let's just go racing! But instead he has to still defend their comments. Keep pushing it as a racist rope when that is not true.

Anything that can be construed to be within "five degrees" of something racist is now offensive and national news.

Next up, the rebranding of White Cloud toilet paper, renaming of the Great White shark, and a national contest to rename the inside part of the egg that is not yellow.

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
Seen on GMA news this morning that Wallaces mother claims some of the NASCAR drivers and or pit crew members used the n- word around him or directed at him.
If she is making that claim she should of had a list of names of the people who said it.

She's talking about Kyle Larson. He did say the n word on an open mic during an irace and was dismissed from his team and NASCAR for it.

·
Registered
16,412 Posts
this is what bubba had to say:

NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace says he's "cuss word" members of the public are now questioning his integrity after the FBI said a noose found in his garage stall this week was there before his team moved in.

"I'm mad because people are trying to test my character and the person that I am and my integrity," he told CNN's Don Lemon Tuesday night.

NASCAR said it launched an investigation after a crew member discovered the noose Sunday afternoon at the Talladega Superspeedway. In a statement earlier this week, NASCAR said it was "angry and outraged."

The FBI said Tuesday the noose had been in the garage since last year and Wallace was therefore not a victim of a hate crime. NASCAR, mentioning the FBI report, described the item as a "garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose."

Talking to Lemon, Wallace said the image he saw of "what was hanging in my garage is not a garage pull."

"It was a noose," Wallace said. "Whether tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. So, it wasn't directed at me but somebody tied a noose. That's what I'm saying."

In a statement posted to his Twitter earlier this week, he said the "act of racism and hatred leaves me incredibly saddened" but vowed the incident "will not break me, I will not give in nor will I back down."
someone ties a hoop to use a garage door pull down a year ago and according to Bubba, its an act of racism and hatred ??
this is the type of crap that has to stop...calling something it isnt !!

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
People not familiar with NASCAR have no idea what Wallace has gone through being the first black full time driver. He's taken a lot of abuse and received a lot of threats.

It was just a mistake, it wasn't a noose but looked like one, and the crew reacted to that, can you blame them under the current political climate with all this crap going on? BTW, crews have no idea what garage they are assigned to until they get to the track, in this case the day of the race due to Covid protocol, so there is no way they could have known it was there. It was simply a mistake.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
FBI said there was no crime and the noose had been in the garage since last October so I guess he thought it would be a good time to report the incident and get everyone's support.

IMO the other day I thought something was fishy and was thinking he placed the noose there like that other POS in Chicago
if you would have watched the news, it was reported that the noose was there since last Oct. but Bubba was just asigned the garage four days ago. find it hard to see how he put it there last Oct.

·
Super Moderator
26,446 Posts
if you would have watched the news, it was reported that the noose was there since last Oct. but Bubba was just asigned the garage four days ago. find it hard to see how he put it there last Oct.
Everyone in this discussion understands that already. Apparently we did watch the news, and can comprehend what was written here.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts