The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any insight in Bryce Outfitting opperating out of Grand Junction, CO? On the list of potential rifle elk hunting.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I booked and hunted with Bryce Bryce Outfitting: Home Page this past fall I figured Id update this post.

We hunted the first rifle with Jim and had a very enjoyable time and 2 of 3 hunters were successful (all 3 should have been but my brother can shoot straight lol). Anyway, knowing that this is a 100% zero point draw area you know going into the hunt that the bulls are not going to all be 300+ inch bulls. However, my dad shot a 6x6 300ish" and i shot a 5x6 that was a smaller but a decent bull none the less. Every day started off with a hearty breakfast and you packed your own lunch of either leftover from the night before or lunch meat/peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Dinners were good and warm, tents were a little dated but kept you dry and warm via a propane heater. The camp has electric at night for charging phones or other electronics so that was nice. The only downside is most of their guides are newer. Jim and his son in law James (who guided us) are very knowledgeable of the area and knew where to position you. But again some of the other guides though nice and seem to know hunting weren't as successful getting other hunters on game. I believe there were 9 hunters in camp, 3 were successful, my brother missed 2 bulls but the rest of the guys either didnt see anything or what they did were too far for shot opportunities. In summary I would use them again and had a good time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts