The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone is wondering who would win between a bushhog and chainsaw. I was mowing yesterday and trimming some branches along a fence line. I laid my chainsaw down and jumped on the tractor when I noticed two longbeards stepped out into the field. I got distracted trying to see how long their beards were and ran over my chainsaw. The picture is what was left of the saw in the bucket of my tractor, just bought that saw new last fall. On the bright side I have been getting lots of fields cleaned up and planted 12 new apple and pear trees in the old orchard.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Luckily it was just a MS180 I used for trimming branches, not real expensive but still a little peed off I ran it over. I bought it at Rural King, I should throw all those pieces into a box and take it back for a refund.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
omg!!!! Looks like it was a good size saw too!

Friend of mine bought a new Stihl, the first tree, a large tree, he pinched the bar. Whatever he did brought the tree down on top of the pinched saw. Not quite like yours but it was in pieces. We mounted them on a wooden board and he had it displayed in his office for years.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
my dad one year dropped a tree at camp, it came down and the top branches clipped our trailer. broke top 2x6 board . A couple deck screws later it was fixed the saw came out unscratched. After that dad made sure the trailer wasn`t close. I remind him occasionally of it.>:)

·
Super Moderator
12,491 Posts
Fell out of a tree once with my Stihl chain saw...the saw was ok, but received 8 screws with a nice piece of titium -plus two bonus screw in my ankle.....Saved the cat though....didn't even spell that much beer.....

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Welcome to the club! I ran my saw through the bush hog in the summer of 2016.....except it was an MS360 Pro. I'm actually lucky that I didn't set the entire ridge ablaze, cuz it was pretty dry at the time.

I set out to mow the road that runs along the top of the ridge, and there was a small tree laying across the shooter road that I use to get to the top. I threw the chainsaw in the tractor bucket, pulled up to the tree, got it out of the way, and threw the chainsaw back in the bucket. Later while I was mowing the road, I noticed my tractor bucket filling with weeds and brush, so I figured I would dump it out...

Sounded like the world was coming to an end....and I turned around to see orange and white chainsaw parts strewn across the landscape. That is not a good feeling! I am still upset with myself for pulling that stunt.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts