The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they work? Want to remove alot of 4" and under stumps..would a 450cc be enough? According to them it would be.

Brush grabber

I have yanked stumps that size with just a chain before, but this seems to be easier on the ATV.

Just want a review before i drop the cash...I am 30 stumps behind already.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it looks like I am going to order one and report to all of you.
, Getting mine tonight..I read the testimonials on it, and of course they were good.

I have the perfect proving ground for this at a new in 2012 plot spot...about 30 stumps most under 3" sticking out of it, like many I am an all ATV food plotter, and make my plots them on old log landings or brushy reverted back pasture land that needs cleared to be worked. If this grabber works I will be giddy, because to this point I have been sawing the stumps flush to the ground. It looks nice, But tough on the discs and harrows though and the old stump and roots takes up otherwise plantable space.

I may attempt to use it for skidding firewood trees as well that I drop around the plot site.

I will order it tonight....report back here when I get to use it.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I read the link. Thanks. I would be very interested in it's ability to remove AO and MFR more than small trees. Looking forward to your report.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I think that tool is only limited by the size of your atv. Heck I have winched onto small trees 3 or 4 inches big, and then never uprooted. I believe you still may need to go around the stump with an ax and cut loose a few roots.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Most definitely limited by the size of the equipment you are using to do the pulling. It doesn't take much on the other end of a chain, to make even the largest of ATV's stop dead in it's tracks. The pulling type of work (other than some light brush... maybe AO and MFR) pretty much needs something on the Tractor level to accomplish.

Curious to hear the reports.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts