The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Have a Browning x-bolt stainless stalker in 7mm rem. mag...absolutly love it..light weight, great recoil pad, 4 screw scope rings, adjustable trigger, and detachable clip...just to name a few things!! Love how it shoots!! Really smooth gun!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have one in 7mm-08 as well and I have only shot a couple of boxes of Remington Express Core-loct 140's and a couple of boxes of Hornady Superperformance 139's out of it and the accuracy has been very poor so far. Maybe I should send it in for them to check out--probably will if it doesnt do a bit better within a few more different ammo choices.

I am hoping that it just needs broken in a little to shoot well but so far it has been just down right horrible accuracy so far. I am talking 4" at 100 with the Remington and 6" with the Hornady. It really tics me off because I traded a really good shooting .308 A-Bolt on it when I bought it.

I do like the rifle though. The only thing I really don't like is the way they designed the top of the receiver so there is very little step down under the scope. I can't fit my thumb under the scope like I can on the A-Bolt so it carries a little different with one hand. I really don't like that at all.

RecurveMan; What factory ammo are you shooting?

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I have one in .270 WSM with a Christensen Arms carbon barrel on it. It shoots really good. It's a great gun!

·
Registered
982 Posts
i have an X-Bolt medallion in 30-06 its a great gun, i love the way it carries. ive been shooting pretizan partizan for sighting in and brass, and then i used 150 grain hornady sst custom loads and i was key holeing at a hundred yards. Im hoping i can get better than this year, as im getting into handloading, so i hope i can get better accuracy than factory rounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts