The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have a Benelli 2, Browning Gold and a Browning A-5...all are fantastic guns but I prefer the Gold... I'm not a fan of the inertia....Gas system and gun is a little heavier than the other two but I feel every shot I take out of the A-5 and Benelli.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
My brother use to own a Browning 12 gauge. The neighbor use to borrow it for ham and turkey shoots. I don't know what he ever did with it but it was a great gun.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
They're both good. If it was me I would take a Benelli. I like the inertia system just for the fact that it's easier to clean. I have a Browning Gold, and it's a solid gun but I have never been able to get it to pattern well with steel shot.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
"Better" is somewhat subjective. I've had a few Brownings and would not hesitate to recommend one. But for me the gun weight and rib height of beretta and benelli is better for me. However there is a browning gold 20 gauge I would like to have back.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I've had a Browning Maxus and really liked it but I prefer my Benelli Montefeltros. I had a couple jams with the Maxus and it would not cycle low brass trap loads. My Benellis cycle everything and never jam. Also the inertia system is hard to beat.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I bought a SBE II to use crow hunting. I shoot a high brass 2 3/4 .
The gun kept stove piping a shell and also would drop the 2nd round out the floor plate and on the ground when cycling .
I sent the gun back to Benelli USA in and they said they had it fixed and shipped it back. It did the same exact thing.
I spoke with the manager at Benelli USA and he sent me a UPS red tag to send it back in so they could try again to fix it. They turned the gun around and back to me within a week. It did the same exact thing.
I called back and spoke with manager, and it is safe to say I was not very happy at this point. At that time the manager's name was Scott. He was very polite, and he sent me another tag to ship, and they sent back a brand new SBE II to replace it.
It did the exact same thing.
I sold the gun to a water fowl hunter (with full discloser) and he was only going to shoot 3 1/2 and as far as I know the gun has worked great for him.

I bought a Beretta A-400, and it has been flawless , has never given me a issue, love the gun.

My hunting buddy bought a SBE II the same time as me. He was shooting the same shells, and had the same issues. He opted to just trade his gun. He is currently shooting a A-400 like mine, and his has been flawless as well.

I will say that Benelli was great with customer service and stood behind their product , I guess the SBE II just didn't like Kent shells ? I am not knocking Benelli as it was a sweet gun other than the issue with Kent shells. The A-400 works better for my needs out of the gun.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a winchester super x2 which is basically a browning gold. Keep it clean in between and use clp and no complaints. I do have 2 light and 2 heavy load pistons and did rebuild all the springs and bushings after 14 years and 1200+ rounds. I’m happy enough that I’ll keep throwing parts at it as they go

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't comment on Browning since I've never owned one. I've hunted with a Benelli SBE for 17 years and love the gun. I shoot everything from 2 3/4 loads for doves to 3" for pheasants in South Dakota. My gun will eat anything and I've put a few thousand rounds through it. It's easy to clean and disassemble. My only issues have been the occasional "Benelli Click" where the bolt does not go fully into battery and the gun does not fire. I believe they have fixed this issue in the latest versions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts