The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shooting one of these? I have one in 12 guage, but don't shoot it anymore. More of a collector to me these days. I love these O/U's though.

Just wondering if anyone is shooting trap or hunting with one.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have one--but haven't shot it in years. I'd say it is a wall hanger but more accurately it is a safe queen

It is a Diana Grade, round knob with what appears to be Midas grade wood, made in 1959. It is second up from the bottom in this picture.

Below it is what I use for doubles now, a Grade VI Citori. I still shoot a BT-99 for singles.

As for hunting; I have a Citori field grade--when I can chase the boys away from it

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have the Broadway edition. It was my fathers Trap gun. Beautiful wood on it.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are beautiful guns.... I never saw one with bad wood.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The Broadway is not actually a grade is it?

It is my understanding that refers to the wide rib (I think 5/8") and it was available in any grade. As such the wood is reflective of the grade.

There were a lot of guns special ordered from Browning as well as many other quality gun makers that specified upgraded wood. I believe my Diana is an example of that.

The reason most of that was done was that the buyer preferred the engraving of a lower model but wanted the beauty of upgraded wood.

Also--another question. My Diana Grade is signed by (Charles) Legiers which is considered rare--does anyone else have a Legier Browning?

I know that he did more that just Brownings as well.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, the Broadway is the rib.

I'll have to snap pics of mine... I love it.

Mine is a Browning Lightning...

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's mine... one of my favorite guns, definately up on my list. I don't shoot it anymore.

They surely don't make them like this anymore... that's for sure. I plan to own another in 20 guage someday.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
SpiritNugent said:
Yea, the Broadway is the rib.

I'll have to snap pics of mine... I love it.

Mine is a Browning Lightning...
How old? I don't think we can consider a newer Browning to be a Broadway!!

Broadways are classics!! Like a Sweet 16!!

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They were known as the "Braodway Trap" models... with the rib.

Mine is considered the Superposed Lightning Broadway Trap model.

Full up top, modified on the bottom. 2 3/4" chamber.

John, I'll have to do some checking around. I know mine is from the '60's I believe. Not sure on exact year. She's just a safe queen.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thecatskinner said:
Also--another question. My Diana Grade is signed by (Charles) Legiers which is considered rare--does anyone else have a Legier Browning?

I know that he did more that just Brownings as well.
That is rare...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts