The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a browning semi auto and it won't cycle shells when you shoot.When you pull the bolt back to lock it open position has a stuck spot(it gets tight as you pull it back)!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Take it down, pull out the trigger group and see what is holding the bolt up, take the forend off and see if the magazine tube is gummed up. I clean my gold's (have 3) and have never had one problem.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Simple answer...... Beretta or Benelli for autoloaders! They do it right. Browning and Remington mare fine manufactures of single shot autoloaders if that is what you are into.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
good article on deep cleaning. I dont think he was asking what you think is best he was asking for some help.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
700varmint said:
good article on deep cleaning. I dont think he was asking what you think is best he was asking for some help.
All I did was offer him help.It was the best possible advice that he could get. I am sorry if you don't agree with my opinion but it is based off facts.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I wanted a semi...think i'll stick w/pumps. what a PITA. Hope you get yours working OP

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
jayd4wg said:
I wanted a semi...think i'll stick w/pumps. what a PITA. Hope you get yours working OP
Most autoloaders are not like that. Please don't let this discorage you. My Beretta's run like no other as do the Benelli's. Some manufactures just don't work as well as others. Browning makes alot of nice guns their auto's just are not as high of quality as their other actions.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did what the article said an it honestly fixed my problem......I really like the gun....just never owned a semi before and now i know what i'm doin lol

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Glad you solved your problems. Keep it clean and it will be reliable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All the guns have problems! I just wasn't experienced with a semi-auto enough to understand what to do. I've learned that cleniness is the key to a semi-auto working correctly!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
no sarcasm from me, but I thought we were getting off track a bit but now I see what you are saying.
note: he cleaned it and now it works! go figure that one? my golds seem to run either dirty or clean, maybe my tolerances are very sloppy so there is less to bind up.
I like my golds because they fit me well and yes maybe Brownings have gone down hill a little but they are still not a NEF or Maverick or some other off brand can we agree on that?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love my browning...it fits me very well and i feel it's very user friendly....as far as it being "dirty" i found a piece of packaging material in the action....I think this was the root of my troubles...plus the tube that the spring an plunger to cycle the gun were extremely dirty with something other than powder residue lol.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I've owned or have shot them all with very little problems with any of them. I don't care what it is. If man made it, and its mechanical it can have a problem, regardless of reputation for quality.... not to hijack the thread but just look at toyota.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts