The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anybody out there has a Browning BPR and if they hunt it? I've shot them, found them a lot more comfortable to shoot than the Remington 760/7600's. Simply because the forearm is much like the BAR, so I don't have to reach as far as I do with the Remington. Thoughts? Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I don't think they made very many of those, the couple I've seen are nice guns. At least I'm not the only one that feels stretched out shooting the Remington pumps. I have one and want to like it more than I do it's just not comfortable reaching out so far to the slide. And it's not like I'm small statured at 6-1 275.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they made very many of those, the couple I've seen are nice guns. At least I'm not the only one that feels stretched out shooting the Remington pumps. I have one and want to like it more than I do it's just not comfortable reaching out so far to the slide. And it's not like I'm small statured at 6-1 275.
You're right, only in production 4 years, 97-2001. I've seen a couple on GunBroker over the past couple years but that's about it.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Had one in 7 mag for a while years ago. Shot it a few times, never hunted it. It was a nice enough rifle but sold it mostly because it was a 7mm that I couldn't get excited about. Most have nice wood, the forearm dropping down in the rear as it's cycled is a little different. Like my 7600.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts