The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy a Browning BLR .308 in good condition for $400. I've always loved these guns. Do you think this would be a good buy at $400?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I think it would be a good deal. I have had my BLR since the late 70's early 80's. Do you know if it was made before or after 1981?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure after. I believe it is the "81" model. I'm going to get the serial # and find out. Is the 81 model more sought after than the current ones?

·
Registered
861 Posts
no just wondering. the pre 81 clips hang down from the bottom of the gun and the 81 model they changed the clip to fit flush to the bottom. You cant go wrong with this gun. I love mine.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Only ones to avoid are the newer ones. they have titanium firing pins that only last so many rounds. The other problem with BLR's is almost nobody can put them back together if some nut takes one apart.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
I prefer the older ones with the steel receiver (clip protrudes below the bottom)..I had two in 358 and shot a couple of bucks with the first one..The second one wouldn't group so well so I sold it...Have enough 358's in Winchester 88' and Savage 99's anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts