The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a Browning BAR in 7 Mag with the Boss muzzle break system. Ihe rifle is extremely accurate (5/8" groups at 100 yds) Completely reliable with my reloads. It is called the Light Weight Hunter but certainly NOT light weight in my opinion! I have never weighted it but find it heavy to carry. If you buy one, get the BOSS system, which can be tuned for your specific load (see accuracy given above).

I also had one in .308 Win without the BOSS. I had great difficulty finding a load it liked and when I did, it turned out to be a 180 gr load. That was not what I wanted to shoot, so I traded it.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Have never owned one, but I know a few guys that do and
they say they would rather pay the extra money for a BAR
than use a Remington 742/7400. Better feed, function,
accuracy, etc.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have a 7mm Mag while it's not light it shoots right along with my bolt guns I load a 154 Hornady interlock with a good dose of IMR 7828 fed 215 primer and win brass my gum is made in Belgium a good buddy of mine had a 338 while I lived in Alaska to put it lightly it was a killing machime and never let him down many heads of game fell to it from sikta deer to a 10 ft grizz good luck with your decision

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all for your input. im actually looking at a few 7mm mag on gun broker and gunsamerica.......the 338 did catch my eye also but i just think i will get more out off the 7mm mag....on the east cost.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts