The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Browning B80 12 guage autoloader. It won't cyle the "cheap" 2 3/4" pheasant loads. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Winchester AA loads. A buddy of mine told me that these loads seem to do better in gas operated guns like my Browning. Anyone have any experiecne with this or any other idea that might help? Thanks in advance. -JRB

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just stripped it down fully and cleaned it. I was thinking maybe it was the ammo but then again maybe i'm jsut searching for a reason not to blame the gun?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I bought one back around 1988 and had the same problem when I used dove loads took it back to the store and they tried it and the same thing happen could not shot light loads out of this gun so I traded it for a 11-87 Remington never had any problems with this gun I don't think you can fix that problem just have to use a heavier load to get the gun to work

·
Registered
848 Posts
why would they make a gun that didn't work unless you add a recoil adapter I never knew that I bought my gun brand new it should have worked

·
Registered
848 Posts
no never changed nothing I only had the gun a week or two when it didn't work right I took it back and when the gun store couldn't make it work I traded so I had a gun to dove hunt with

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jim stemler said:
did you ever change recoil buffer,springs,o rings?
I have never changed a thing on this gun. I use it primarily for goose hunting, where it performs flawlessly with 3" shells. I guess it's time to either sell it, or jsut buy something else for lighter loads.

·
Registered
850 Posts
if you go to shotgun world they have a browning section.they will give you the fix.i just repaired a winchester that did the same thing.65 dollar rebuild kit,now if fires anything you dump in it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i was searching through forum after forum and then decided to go directly to Browning's website. I downloaded the manual and it states it right in there that some of the B80's require a "recoil adapter" to shoot 2 3/4" loads. called and got the part from Browning's parts dealer called Midwest Gunworks. couldn't have been more helpful bought the"recoil adapter" for 30 bucks. thanks for everyone's help!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
You need to see if you have the recoil adapter allready on your gun.. If it is there,, you have other problems... Just as your magazine tube enters your receiver,,there should be a small spacer, that is attached with two small screws,, It Needs to be there to cycle light loads,and all 2.75 loads,,Needs to be removed for 3 inch loads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts