The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older Browning B80 12 guage autoloader. It won't cyle the "cheap" 2 3/4" pheasant loads. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Winchester AA loads. A buddy of mine told me that these loads seem to do better in gas operated guns like my Browning. Anyone have any experiecne with this or any other idea that might help? Thanks in advance. -JRB

· Registered
391 Posts
I bought one back around 1988 and had the same problem when I used dove loads took it back to the store and they tried it and the same thing happen could not shot light loads out of this gun so I traded it for a 11-87 Remington never had any problems with this gun I don't think you can fix that problem just have to use a heavier load to get the gun to work

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i was searching through forum after forum and then decided to go directly to Browning's website. I downloaded the manual and it states it right in there that some of the B80's require a "recoil adapter" to shoot 2 3/4" loads. called and got the part from Browning's parts dealer called Midwest Gunworks. couldn't have been more helpful bought the"recoil adapter" for 30 bucks. thanks for everyone's help!

· Registered
494 Posts
You need to see if you have the recoil adapter allready on your gun.. If it is there,, you have other problems... Just as your magazine tube enters your receiver,,there should be a small spacer, that is attached with two small screws,, It Needs to be there to cycle light loads,and all 2.75 loads,,Needs to be removed for 3 inch loads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.