The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some super accurate loads for the Browning 7mm-08's. Mine is a Micro Hunter. I never used it much before and it groups factory Remington Express 140's about 2" at 100. It's a shame because I really like that Core-loct bullet but 2" isn't gonna cut it. Any advice on what shoots nice tiny groups in yours.

·
Registered
722 Posts
my remington model 7 in 7mm-08 hated the core lokts. I switched to 150 gn federal classics and they grouped about 1 inch. This was before i bought dies for this gun, and i now shoot 140gn nosler ballistic tips in front of 47gns of rl-19 to get on average a 1 inch group at 100 yds.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's. I don't handload so I was hoping to find a very accurate factory load. When I first bought this rifle I bought 2 boxes of Remington factory ammo that had Nosler Ballistic tip bullets in them. They would group about 1/2"; they don't make that factory ammo anymore. I guess I'll keep trying stuff and see what I can come up with.

I just bought some Hornady Superperformance ammo for it and the groups were HORRIBLE; like 6" at 100 yards. I think the rifle will shoot well if I get the right load for it. I saw some Remington 120 HP's the other day so I am going to get some of those and maybe some Federal ammo as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts