The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently planted a Japanese Maple in my front lawn, and have started to notice brown dry spots on the leaves. Any idea what this is? I really don't want to lose the tree... it was just over $100, so it really would be a shame to see it die.

I'm thinking it is some type of fungus, so I will need a fungicide??? I may even use a fungicide on my tomatoes to prevent blight if there is anything left over... No signs of any fungus yet on the tomatos, but I don't want to take any chances either.

I have a dog, and also two small children, so I'd rather not use anything real toxic, and like I said I may even use the same stuff on the tomatoes if at all possible....

Thanks for any help you can offer!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you bought the tree from a reputable nursery they usually have at least a one year warranty. Call them and tell them what your problem is and they will probably come out and take a look at it and tell you what it is. At the very least they will be on notice there is a problem.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
What a coincidence. I bought a red japanese maple, the weeping kind...a few weeks ago and just noticed the SAME thing..and had same thought as you. I took a leaf to the nursery and he said maybe its getting more sun that it was used to at the nursery...probably just transplanting stress and/or more sun. Take a leaf to your nursery and let me know what they say...other than the brown spots, mine seems fine and healthy.
W

1 - 3 of 3 Posts