The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we finally got out in the wind storm this afternoon and really had low expectations. Hit our club ground first for two hours and didn't see a tale. Decided to go to the game lands and burn the last two hours on a couple of pockets that most guys just pass by. In the 5 years we've hunted this game lands we have taken six deer out of two small pockets that are not 100 yards from the parking lot. Mosrt guys walk right past them because they are thick with greenbrier. Since I never mind coming home bloody I headed right in. Took three steps and heard deer break cover. 1 min. later the boom of Brother Dave's rifle and I knew we had scored. Powerbelt at 50 yards dropped her where she stood.

GBJ

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Jack,

The ole bloodhound rooted one out!!

Much congrats to your Bro Dave!!
Nice doe there!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Darn nice doe!!!

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys! Unfortunately Brother Dave's regular luck wasn't as good today. While his wife was at the mall in Carlisle someone stole several parts off their Tahoe including the passenger mirror and one of the parts for the 4 wheel drive. This was in broad daylight! Cops are even scratching their heads on this one.

Happy New Year!!

GBJ

1 - 20 of 22 Posts