The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use and why? I've heard a lot singing the praises of Muzzys and hearing of Slick Tricks now. I've always used mechanicals but would like to try fixed blade.

2 questions ...
Does 3 blade or 4 blade fly better?

Does 100gr have enough KE to deliver enough punch from a crossbow with the shorter bolts?

I've killed 2 buck with mine and 100gr heads but one of them had the entire arrow in the body cavity. I was going to look for the arrow later but found it when gutting ... very lucky I didnt get ripped open myself.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
heres some shooting i did this weekend, the 2 are slick tricks the one off to the side is a different arrow so it hits different

100gr slick trick 30 yds

you put that in the boiler room its a done deal

·
Registered
18,717 Posts
WPA Hunter said:
What do you guys use and why? I've heard a lot singing the praises of Muzzys and hearing of Slick Tricks now. I've always used mechanicals but would like to try fixed blade.
I prefer fixed blades. Of those I shoot Slick Tricks and G5 Strikers. Wasp SST's are up there as well.

100 grain heads are plenty within reasonable ranges. I use brass inserts to get a bit more FOC.

Hot them where you are supposed to and the end result will be a quick kill.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Get on EBAY and find some satellite Aeros 3 blade or 4 blade.They were made about 10-15 years ago..When you shoot there will be an entrance hole AND Exit hole. Only do a double lung shot.This guarantees a short tracking job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts