The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start out by saying when i made my arrows up for my compound i always matched the broad heads with my fletching....

i just recently bought some bolts for my equinox and i checked the broadhead to fletching and they dont match...im shooting 3 fletch with 100 gr muzzy....will this affect the accuracy or isnt this a big deal....im new to the xbow game but not new to the archery game.....

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
No... It's impossible to align a four blade BH to the fletchings anytime, so I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
19,266 Posts
I have not really spent too much time trying to align blades to fletch. I do try to make sure the broadhead is square to the shaft by spinning the arrows to check for wobble. I believe that is way more important than blade/fletch alignment.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Waste of time, doesn't make a difference. Get a G5 A.S.D. and you don't have to worry about your broadhead again.

·
Super Moderator
4,706 Posts
I'm shooting qrain 100 grain Muzzies.I have zero accuracy problems.17 bucks at Walmart.My son also uses them.Zero problems for him.The bows are both Excals.We don't match anything.We did however get Victory arrows from Arrowhead.He has tested almost every concievable combination.Do yourself a favor and buy his arrows.Trust me and other members on this site you will not be sorry you did.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
diablo you shooting the 3 blade or 4 blade?...i get all my 3 blade muzzys from a place on ebay....brand new and they cost me 23.00 total and they are a 6 pack not a 3 pack....

·
Super Moderator
4,706 Posts
3 blade.Sounds like you got a good deal on Ebay.Mine were the 3 pack.Dunhams sells a 6 pack for 35.So basically the same as Walmart.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
shooting 3 blade muzzys with parker hunting arrows (not red hots) out of a tornado. i use o-rings with them to align the blades with the vanes. not sure if it was needed, but continued doing what i had been doing using the compound.

these grouped 1/2" to the right of dead center @ 20yds. i tried the muzzy practice broadheads in the same arrows and they weren't even close. 2-1/2 to 3" to the right and 2" high. needless to say i scrapped the practice heads.

haven't tried any further distances. will be ordering victories from arrowhead, so i'm curious to see how they fly compared to parker arrows.

walkercoonhunter said:
diablo you shooting the 3 blade or 4 blade?...i get all my 3 blade muzzys from a place on ebay....brand new and they cost me 23.00 total and they are a 6 pack not a 3 pack....
which site on ebay? is that price just for the replacement blades?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts