The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am finally entering the crossbow world. I will be picking up my new Ten Point Stealth Fx4 this week. It comes with 3 Ten Point arrows so I think that I am just going to buy 3 more matching arrows for now. I see that there are broadheads that claim to be made specifically for crossbows. I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask you all which broadheads you thinks are really good for crossbows. I've always been a fixed blade kind of person and my Muzzys have never failed me so it's going to be hard to get me away from Muzzys unless somehow I am convinced to go mechanical. I am not opposed to mechanicals but I have just never seen a reason to try to fix something that isn't broke.
One other question. Would my Muzzys that I have been shooting from my compound bow work with my crossbow.
Thanks to all for your input. I can't wait to get my bow in my hands this week.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Well, I don't have any answers for you, but since I'm in almost the same exact situation, I'm looking forward to the opinions you will receive.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have set up many crossbows for friends. Like a fixed blade also. I have found in all broadheads that I tried the Striker G5 in 100gr or 125 gr is tuff to beat. Do a great job performance wise also. I would try your Muzzys also. They worked well also. On a crossbow bolt the biggest thing is the weight FOC (front of center) On the bolt. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Message arrowhead from this site. I am sure he can tell you what bolt broad head combo is the best for your set up

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
One thing about arrows is that you can buy custom arrows for about the same or cheaper than you can the factory arrows. Arrowhead on here makes some great arrows.

As far as broadheads there are several good broadheads on the market. I never had good luck with Muzzy's out of a crossbow even though I used them with a vertical bow. They didn't shoot horrible but they could have been better. I am using Swhacker broadheads and I like them alot. If you have some Muzzy's I would try them before spending money on other broadheads.

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
I much prefer fixed blades but have been gravitating towards mechanicals as speeds keep increasing.

As far as fixed blades, I believe the Ramcat is the best fixed on the market for relatively fast bows. It is a hybrid but still considered a fixed blade as nothing moves upon entry. I have had good success with G5 Strikers as well.

For mechanicals. I am shooting Swhackers now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think rage makes a very good broad head for crossbows and I have been shooting them for a long time with no issues at all with that being said just because they shoot good out of one crossbow dosnt mean they will shoot good out of every crossbow so it pays to try to get your friends to let you try what they shoot till you find what shoots the best out of your crossbow good luck

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have had good success with strykers. I love slick tricks out of a vertical but didn't like them at all in my crossbow. Might try some swhackers this year as I have heard a lot of good things about these broad heads.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
AmazonHunter said:
Well I am finally entering the crossbow world. ...
Welcome to the dark side! My son shoots 100 gr 3- blade Muzzy's in his Tenpoint with great success. They've worked well on the Bucks he's shot. I'd try your Muzzy's first. I shoot 100 gr Spitfires in my Tenpoint and they perform very well also.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I use the NAP Killzone Crossbow heads and my dad uses Swhakers. My buddy loves the Muzzy MX3 out of his crossbow and has taken several deer with them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts